Luxury during Covid-19; the Time in your Hand
Seems like this part of 2020 has been hit with a giant snooze button, Covid-19 has been a harsh hit worldwide, the repercussions and casualties have been huge, but slowly and steadily we are on the mend and things will get better.
Even though, right now we are all shut at home to prevent a worse-case scenario and the inactivity and home isolation may be leading towards saturation point. On the brighter side, this has been one of the first time in life our lives where we have been entrusted with the luxury of having a major amount of time on our hands. Pre-lockdown, a common complaint was the scarcity of time to do what you really want to. It seems you got your wish.
The parameters of luxury have taken a giant shift these days. Lockdown has given a fresh perspective about life. It has given you the clarity of priorities, your goals and passions; a boon to focus on things which make you happy.
- Spending quality time with your family– This has been one of the best opportunities to connect, share and speak up to your loved ones. Open up and see the magic of communication, share your everyday chores and activities with them. These are the people who matter the most in your life and sharing your time with them is the best use of it.
- Planning for the goals which had been left ignored: All those dreams which had been sidelined, all those goals which were fading away in the everyday battle of life, revive them, plan to realize your life’s destiny.
- Soul Searching: Discover the purpose of your life. Introspection is required for you to realize your role and contribution to the world. We all have a part to play.
- DIY/Self Reliance-You have been left to your own means. Take the chance to become your own master, do things your way and learn the things you had been holding off for a while, whether its learning a new craft or enrolling into online courses you always wanted to.
- Understanding the worth of your blessings– This is the time to be grateful and thankful for all the blessings, good health, the love of your family and togetherness. Use this optimism to do something worthwhile for people alienated from it. Spread the love, we are all in this together.
- Working out: The health regime which you always wanted to inculcate but couldn’t take out the time for, what better time than now. A healthy mind and a healthy body are the need of the hour.
- Read to your heart’s content: The smell of that hard book cover is far-etched in the memory of every book lover. Our crazy lifestyles and the race to succeed has taken away that luxury to sit in peace and relish the joy of peaceful reading. Do it now, it calms the mind and soul and takes you to the farthest ends of the world.
- Write away –A pen or considering the current age; a keyboard is mightier than a sword, pen down your thoughts, your feelings, your introspections; it’s a relieving way to vent out. Moreover, explore that writer in you and give wings to your fancy.
- Paint the colors of bliss– The painter in you has waited long enough. Paint that canvas bright and right and fulfill the colorful cravings your heart waits for.
- Eating Right at the right time: You have been given the opportunity to eat well balanced and nutritious food rather than having hasty bites of unhealthy junk. Enjoy every morsel of fresh food at the right time to keep that body of yours in sync. Cook or order the healthy variants, switch over now.
- Cooking as a therapy: Cooking your own food is one of the most uplifting therapy you can avail. Discover the culinary artist within you, those gourmet and lavish delights that kept enticing you, time to try it out yourself. Try out new cuisines, experiment and feel the rush and delight. Moreover, self- cooked food is not just rich in flavors but also in lot of love and positive energy, so reap it.
- Skin and hair care: Try out home remedies to rejuvenate that neglected skin and hair of yours, utilize the time to prepare homemade masks and scrubs and give life and good health to your hair and skin. It’s the much required self-pampering they need.
- Play the tune right: The musician in you doesn’t want to sleep over. Play the tunes of your heart on the instrument you love and revive that lost charisma you used to create.
- Hobby time: Learn the art of terrarium making or brew you own wine, learn to play a new instrument or sing to the tunes of your heart; indulge in all the hobbies which had taken a backseat, there’s no time like now.
- Escape from stress: The bliss of not running around in the chaotic cycle of your everyday routine is just one heavenly luxury, relax and enjoy it.
- Realize your Responsibilities: Figure out your responsibility towards yourself, the people you love, people around you and finally but most importantly towards mother earth.
If earth exists so do, we, we can’t let it reach beyond the level of repair and these times have shown us that our planet is in healing mode. The flora and fauna are blossoming, wildlife is thriving, rivers are getting cleansed, all by themselves. All that was required was some time to recoup. Why do we need to be a threat to our environment, when we co-exist and flourish in harmony? Nurture it, take care of it, for our survival is co-dependent.
We have the time and luxury to realize what we want, what is important, what is required and what matters. It is just a phase which will pass over, but remember this when it all wraps up, when things get back to normal, remember what you learnt; Follow your heart, life gives you chances to start over, to explore more opportunities, this is one of those times, make it worthwhile.